Friday, April 3, 2009

How do you recycle?

We recycle on a daily basis, from our drinking straws (washed) to juice boxes, cartons, paper, envelopes, and pop bottles!

In QC, we pay a $0.05 deposit whenever we buy bottled pop, and if we return it, we get that five cents back!! So in the begining when we got our blue bins, I was just poppin' the bottles in the bin, and either they'd get recycled, or someone who collects them (which happens ALL the time, people going threw bins to get the bottles) would take them. I tried to keep the bottles, but they'd get too much and I'd never remember to return them!!

I recently cleaned out my water closet and donated a bunch of things to the local St. Vincent du Paul so I had room, I've been collecting our bottles (No we don't ransak others bins) for about a month and have 5.5 black trash bags full!!!!!!!! five cents times A LOT is money in the bank for the little ones.. It doesn't seem like a lot, but one, we are recycling, and two its "free" money to put in their bank

How can that not be a bargin?

No comments: